Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Cleaning: The Closet Cleanse!


Hollyscoop.com Closet Raiders with The Hills Stephanie Pratt
                                          photo courtesy of: picapp
 
Alas! Spring is here! 
Although, the weather lately has left me thinking otherwise, it is now the perfect time to clean out your closets to make room for all the amazing warm weather clothing that awaits you! Being addicted to clothing and shoes, I know how hard it is to sometimes let things go, but I promise you will feel such a grand sense of self fulfillment. Especially, if you donate to people or charity like me, giving back is so gratifying in itself that I can guarantee you will want to seasonally clean out your closet for a good cause. 


I have been getting a lot of phone calls lately to clean out my client's closets and I just cleaned out mine, which was SO exhausting, so I figured I would share a few tips so you can all clean out your own closets with ease to simplify your lives...guaranteed!


1. Ask yourself 3 important questions!
a. When was the last time I wore this?
b. Will I wear this any time soon?
c. Can it be replaced with something else?


Whenever I am getting rid of ANYTHING, these 3 questions arise and it really does make the process easier. I have literally teared over giving away designer shoes and clothes BUT the truth of the matter is..if they aren't being worn, toss 'em!


2. Color code!
Color coding is something I do with shoes! Having an addictive shoe personality, I own a ton of shoes. It gets overwhelming when I am getting dressed! Do I wear this one? Do I wear that one? Where are the purple ones? Sigh. It can become a serious headache! Color coding allows you to go straight to the color row and choose from that line. You will notice a difference in what your eyes zoom in on once you color code. Your eyes aren't glancing in every direction for which color would go with a certain piece. After color coding, you will notice your outfit will be chosen BEFORE you choose the shoes, as opposed to many other situations, where we pick our outfit AFTER the shoes.


3. Separate the likes!
I can't stress enough how much this will change the way you get dressed! Separating dresses, skirts, t-shirts, jeans, jackets, etc, allows for a stress free dress-up experience. Before my own personal closet cleanse, my t-shirts were scattered in my drawers and I literally couldn't find anything I was looking for. Now, I have folded everything neatly, hung the necessary clothing that would wrinkle, and I have a different section for each and every genre of clothing in my closet. My shoes however, have their own separate home ;)


4. Bathroom cabinets NOT excluded!
I am as much a product hoarder as I am clothing and shoes...as many girls are! Spring cleaning pertains to those cabinets too! DO NOT FORGET TO CLEAN OUT YOUR BATHROOM CABINETS! I went on a bathroom binge yesterday and threw out an entire garbage bag filled with makeup and old products I never use anymore! I never felt so good! I literally broke a sweat doing it! Of course, the entire time I was thinking to myself, "now what new products can I get tomorrow!? What new makeup do I need!?..." Ahhhh the mind of a glamour girl...works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?


xoLindsi

No comments:

Post a Comment