Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Notorious and Notable: 20th Century Women of Style

























On Monday, September 13th, I attended the private cocktail party viewing for the Notorious & Notable 20th Century Women of Style exhibition which took place at The Museum of the City of New York. I took along one of my best friends Nikki  Cohen as I know she loves fashion and the arts just as much as me. Nikki and I walked through the short exhibit that consisted of dresses and jewelry worn by some of the most recognized women of their time such as Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis, Annette de la Renta, Bette Midler, and Barbara Walters. 
This exhibit showed how fashion has changed tremendously over the years but how many trends come back around as well. There must have been at least 5 dresses Nikki and I said we wanted to wear to upcoming events-then walked away frowning that we couldn't! 
I know I posted mostly all the pictures, but to see all the details of the garments in person is truly a whole new experience that I highly recommend to any person who appreciates fashion in its true art form. The exhibition can be viewed from September 14th-January 3rd www.mcny.com

xoLindsi


No comments:

Post a Comment