Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

makeup makeover


my old ways...

my new ways...


The New Year calls for new ways of simplifying your life! I for one, as much as a clotheshorse, am also a makeup junkie at heart! I can spend hours upon hours in  Sephora spending an obscene fortune  just to get home and think "did I really need all of this!?" I mean, I'd be lying if I said walking into Sephora or the  makeup section of Bergdorfs, Barneys, and Saks did not give give me heart palpitations! Every girl has been there, done that-and you know it! So when we have these moments of weakness and we will tell ourselves we will eventually wear what we bought, storing makeup properly will and CAN save you so much time when getting all dolled up.


The hanging cosmetic bags I used to believe were the easiest ways to view and store my makeup...until I had no where to hang any of them anymore (I am embarrassed to say that I left 2 out-all filled with makeup) and all my new purchases were overflowing out of their assigned pouches and it was just getting to be a mess! Aside from that, to dig around in the bags were getting time consuming on my time crunch schedule and frustrating to say the least!


VOILA! CHANGE!
Since I am a neat freak, the Container Store has always been my go-to for any of my household storage needs.  The boxes above come in so many different sizes, colors, and shapes so you can customize to your liking. You can layer as many boxes as you like and everything gets stored neatly and in place. 


An added bonus to what will be your new set up: Easy cleaning! Unlike the hanging bags which you may need to throw out every so often, these plastic containers are easy to wipe down and will stand the wear and tear of the makeup obsession!


xoLindsi



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsi! You may not know me but my name is Leslie Carleton and I went to SHS with Ricki Hirsh, Lauren Taryngel, and a lot of people you may know.
    I used to work at the container store in two locations. As I was looking at your pictures I literally thought "I should tell her to go to TCS" and low and behold you did!! I have tons of suggestions you can share with people if you're interested. I'll send you a friend request on Facebook. Congratulations on your much deserved success.

    ReplyDelete