Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Ask Lindsi! Q & A! THE CLOG





Photos courtesy of: Style.com

Q. Melissa-New York, NY

"I keep seeing this wooden clog trend for Spring from big designers like Chanel and Louis Vuitton. Is this a total flash in the pan trend and how would I wear it? I don't want to look like I'm back in the 1990's."

A.

Hi Melissa! Thank you for your question! And great question at the least! Clogs are always a trend that many people have trouble even trying on let alone making them part of their outfit! First off, let me start by saying that clogs and I...well...we have a love-hate relationship. Why this is? Because every time I think of them, I have a vague memory of being a 7 year old girl at Trails End Camp, hearing the Olympic song in the middle of the night, throwing on my clogs, and literally rolling down and twisting my ankle on the wet, rainy, grassy hill. Yesss, I knowww! Embarrassing, huh?

To answer your first question Melissa, there is something important to remember about a trend. Trends in many scenarios come back in one form or another. The Dutch shoe was huge in the 70's, 90's, and is now being brought back to life. So, with that, I would say to buy a pair of clogs this season that are either a neutral color or ones without too much embellishment. That way, you can see how much you wear them day to day. If/when they come back another season, you will know whether or not you will want to splurge on a more "special" pair based on how much you wore the older pair.

To answer your second question, there are a couple of cute ways to pair your clogs with your clothes:

1. Cute, short denim shorts with an easy-breezy tee shirt or mens inspired collar shirt.
2. skin tight bandage long skirt (I am thinking of Rick Owen's cotton skirt-amazing!), loose white tee. You still maintain that desire for Bohemian with a hint of sexy.
3. Wide leg jeans with a tight tank
4. Harem pants with a loose tee for a more casual/daytime look

So if your asking if your feet should feel clogged this season..I would say absolutely yes-own it sister! I hope this was helpful to you ! Thank you so much for your question!

xoLindsi

No comments:

Post a Comment